RF Design Engineer
NOTE: Due to the fact that a great deal of the work involves government agency customers, interested applicants should be willing and eligible to apply for U.S. Security Clearance.
Electrical engineering of radio frequency communications related hardware and software. Applicant will be assigned to design tasks for a variety of digital radio communications development requirements. Specifically the applicant should be familiar with the following areas of RF design:
- Wide band digital radios in the S and L bands capable of 20 watts transmit power.
- Direct sequence spread spectrum modulation and encoding technology.
- Narrow band, low power VHF and UHF hardware including battery operated transceivers.
- Basic information transfer theory and probability theory.
- Design and system implementation of very narrow band OOK transceivers.
- Communications channel modeling.
- Chirp modulation technology.
- Knowledge of SAW technology. Design and implementation experience both desirable.
- Masters degree or higher preferred, bachelors degree with 3.6 GPA in EE would be considered.
- Experience is desirable but not mandatory.
- Applicant will perform design tasks on several different radio frequency programs. These programs range from (a) RF design of a transceiver that would operate on scavenged power while residing on the underside of a internal combustion engine piston (b) to radios that transfer critical high speed data from high flying aircraft to the ground (c) to low power radios that reside with associated sensor transducers in the engine compartment of the Space Shuttle.
- Applicant must be able to effectively present his/her ideas both verbally, using good presentation techniques with visual supplements, and in written format.
- Applicant must present examples of documentation of development efforts of either projects encountered in past employment experience or in school projects. (Examples must be free from Intellectual Property considerations.)
- Applicant will be judged on his/her ability to think logically and solve problems efficiently. Special attention will be given to how the applicant can take ownership of a task and subsequently sub-divide that task in to sub-tasks for ease of execution and reporting progress.
- Applicant must be able to work within a team effort and will be expected, on occasion, to perform tasks other than specific EE RF design and analysis
Invocon, Inc. is an EO employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Fax (281) 298-1717
19221 Interstate 45 S
Conroe, TX 77385
For more information please Contact Invocon Recruiting